- July 7, 2023
- Posted by: Pauline Gonnering
Cummings, Keegan, & Co., P.L.L.P., a mid-sized public accounting firm, is seeking a Seasonal Tax Preparer to join our firm on an annual basis from late January – mid April. As a valuable role within our firm, this position supports exceptional service to our privately-held business clients by utilizing accounting knowledge to assist with the preparation of individual and business tax returns and perform other accounting services.
Qualified candidates will have experience preparing individual and business tax returns, a client-service focus, and strong communication skills.
The essential functions of the Seasonal Tax Preparer position are performed in a collaborative team environment with ongoing training and performance coaching from colleagues and supervisory staff.
Position responsibilities include:
- Data entry and analysis.
- Organization and review of confidential client materials.
- Accurate preparation of individual and business tax returns.
- Workload management to achieve efficiency and quality expectations.
- Collaboration within the department and throughout the firm to accomplish workload.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Client or customer service focus.
- Active listening and attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and tax preparation skills.
- Adaptability and resiliency with fluctuating workload and priorities.
- Teamwork and ability to contribute to a positive working environment.
- Ability to multitask and perform tasks managed by others to achieve deadlines.
Education & Experience
- Knowledge of federal and state individual income tax regulations required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience preparing individual and business tax returns in a public accounting setting.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related area of study desired.
- Basic use of UltraTax software, QuickBooks, and Excel preferred and/or the ability to quickly learn new software.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., with schedule flexibility based upon availability. Ability to work full-time hours preferred for duration of seasonal assignment, January through mid April. Additional hours may be available during the seasonal assignment and potentially throughout the year.
Flexible work arrangement available onsite, Minnesota remote, or hybrid. The onsite setting is a professional office environment with extensive use of standard office equipment and technology including computers, web-based and desktop phones, webcams, headsets, scanners, photocopiers, and software applications and programs.
The essential functions of this position require:
- The ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Verbal, written, electronic communication, and accurate information exchange.
- Review of physical and electronic documentation and ability to inspect accuracy.
- Consistent operation of a computer, keyboard, printer, and other office equipment.
At Cummings, Keegan & Co., P.L.L.P., our employees receive rapid skill development, exposure to a variety of fulfilling projects, along with mentoring and coaching from firm staff and leaders. We offer a high-performance culture emphasizing excellent client service, continuous improvement, teamwork, and accountability within a fun and flexible firm culture.
This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for the position and may change at any time with or without notice.