- December 14, 2021
- Posted by: Pauline Gonnering
Would you enjoy learning in-depth about a client’s business and their accounting function? Are you confident in your organizational skills? Can you juggle multiple tasks effectively?
Our mid-sized public accounting firm is hiring a Staff Accountant for the Audit team. Candidates who possess 0-3 years of public accounting experience and are pursuing a CPA license are encouraged to apply. This position can be performed within our St. Louis Park, MN office or Apple Valley, MN, or from a remote office (certain requirements apply for remote arrangements).
Primary responsibilities include preparation of preparation of financial statements, participating in audits and other attest engagements, and accounting services for privately-held businesses.
At Cummings, Keegan & Co., P.L.L.P., our employees receive rapid skill development, exposure to a variety of challenging projects, along with mentoring and coaching from firm leaders. We offer a high-performance culture emphasizing excellent client service, continuous improvement, teamwork, and self-accountability, and work/life balance.
The position requires at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate these qualifications:
- Experience in a customer-facing role that involved regular written and telephonic communication.
- Organizing financial information, entering data, and interpreting the results of that data.
- Performance of duties as a team member and/or team leader.
- A position that involved independently managing deadlines and highly-technical accounting tasks with minimal supervision.
- Documenting workflow and accountability to others for completion of independent work.
- Use of advanced Microsoft Word and Excel features to utilize macros, pivot tables, and other features that integrate with 3rd party web-based software platforms.
- Helping business clients solve accounting and business questions.
- Client-service oriented and seeks to gain knowledge of client businesses
If you’d like to join a growing firm that’s committed to your professional development and offers a fun, flexible firm culture, please apply with a resume and cover letter. A competitive compensation and benefits package is available.