- August 20, 2020
- Posted by: Pauline Gonnering
Our mid-sized public accounting firm is hiring a Staff Accountant. Candidates who possess 0-3 years of public accounting experience and are pursuing a CPA license are encouraged to apply.
At Cummings, Keegan & Co., P.L.L.P., our employees receive rapid skill development, exposure to a variety of challenging projects, along with mentoring and coaching from firm leaders. We offer a high-performance culture emphasizing excellent client service, continuous improvement, teamwork, and self-accountability, and work/life balance – all while having fun.
Primary responsibilities include preparation of corporate and individual tax returns, payroll tax filings, assisting in the preparation of financial statements, participating in audits and other engagements, and accounting services for privately-held businesses.
The position requires at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Must also have completed all educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate these qualifications:
- Experience in a customer-facing role that involved regular written and telephonic communication.
- Organizing financial information, entering data, and interpreting the results of that data.
- Performance of duties as a team member and/or team leader.
- A position that involved independently managing deadlines and highly-technical accounting tasks with minimal supervision.
- Documenting workflow and accountability to others for the completion of independent work.
- Use of advanced Microsoft Word and Excel features to utilize macros, pivot tables, and other features that integrate with 3rd party web-based software platforms.
- Helping business clients solve accounting and business questions.
- Client-service oriented and seeks to gain knowledge of client businesses
If you’d like to join a growing firm that’s committed to your professional development and offers a fun, flexible firm culture, please apply via the website at www.cummingskeegan.com/careers/. A competitive compensation and benefits package is available.