- December 20, 2021
- Posted by: Pauline Gonnering
Senior Manager of Human Resources Overview:
Seeking a Senior Manager of Human Resources to join our Team! The Senior Manager of HR will advise Leadership on all human resources issues, bringing broad and current subject matter knowledge. To help support our continued growth we are seeking an energetic, creative, and collaborative Senior Manager of HR with exceptional judgment, interpersonal skills, and a desire to develop and grow a talented team, from attracting the best applicants to engaging employees throughout their employment tenure at the company.
The Senior Manager is an important position that will provide guidance and leadership, plays a key role in driving the next phase of growth, and enhance our workplace environment where our team can thrive both on premise and remotely. This is an exceptional opportunity to design and lead strategies to recruit, develop, and retain top talent.
The ideal candidate will be a confident leader with demonstrated experience collecting and synthesizing input from the Partners and leadership team, identifying opportunities for improvement, proposing creative and pragmatic solutions, and thoughtfully designing process rollouts through a change management lens. Successful outcomes will highly leverage prior experiences with employee engagement, business compliance and all aspects of human resources (recruiting, compensation philosophy, employee relations, performance management, etc.).
If you’re seeking an opportunity to drive and own Human Resources strategy and vision, you’re empathetic and analytical, and passionate about growing your HR career – then this position is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities Overview of the Senior Manager of Human Resources:
- Oversee and lead the following HR functions: compensation and benefits, talent acquisition and staffing, performance management, employee relations, employee training and learning, and safety and compliance.
- Maintain HRIS and other systems as required.
- Prepare, develop and present a variety of information to leadership teams on a variety of topics.
- Lead the recruiting process and guide managers through the hiring of new employees.
- Assist in the development of career progression, employee development and performance reviews.
- Provide recommendations for new company policies and recommendations to improve the working environment for employees.
- Be the human resource subject expert and provide guidance and improvement opportunities in the focus areas such as: staffing, benefits, HRIS/data/systems, or compensation.
- Guide leaders on employee relations, including discipline issues, grievances, involuntary terminations, etc.
- Lead compensation discussion to implement organization philosophy.
- Lead benefits renewal process and maintain vendor relations.
- Collaborate with team leaders to organize learning and development programs.
Skills and Experiences of the Senior Manager, Human Resources: :
- 8-10 years of Human Resources experience with at least 3 years of management experience.
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or related field.
- HRCI, PHR certification and/or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience recruiting for entry and intermediate level positions.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and analytical, with experience in strategy and planning.
- Passionate, strong multi-tasker and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly effective communication skills with the ability to appreciate various viewpoints, share relevant information in a timely manner, and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated capability in project management, including the ability to lean into multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong professional judgment, interpersonal, consultative, facilitation skills with the ability to recognize the need to and maintain confidentiality and build trust across the team.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to work independently to drive things to completion.
- Strong technical skills (including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) with the overall ability to quickly learn and utilize various software programs.
- Coaching and development of employees and managers; ability to work with all levels of management.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, listening, and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times.
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible, prioritize tasks and responsibilities and complete duties and projects within allotted time.
- Through actions and example, ensures that company values are fully incorporated into employee and management interactions.
- A self-starter with strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Able to own all HR operations for a growing organization.
- Strong data analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex HR situations to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Possess deep HR expertise.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, with an effective combination of business acumen, sound decision-making, and a bias for action; ability to act in a decisive, urgent and committed way to achieve results; remain focused on deliverables and leverage resources to reach goals.
- Integrity: Ability to gain and maintain trust and confidence
- Adaptable and resourceful
- Business Acumen
- Interpersonal savvy
- Action oriented
- Agile learner
At Cummings, Keegan & Co., P.L.L.P., our employees receive rapid skill development, exposure to a variety of challenging projects, along with mentoring and coaching from firm leaders. We offer a high-performance culture emphasizing excellent client service, continuous improvement, teamwork, and self-accountability, and work/life balance. If you’d like to join a growing firm that’s committed to your professional development and offers a fun, flexible firm culture, please apply via the website at www.cummingskeegan.com/careers/. A competitive compensation and benefits package is available.