- August 16, 2021
- Posted by: Pauline Gonnering
Our mid-sized public accounting firm is adding Interns for Tax Season (January-April 2022). Candidates may choose their preference for either Audit or Tax. Candidates who are pursuing a college degree in Business (preferably Accounting or Finance) and plan to obtain a CPA license in the future are encouraged to apply. The paid positions may be located in either the St. Louis Park, MN or Apple Valley, MN office. Employees must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm and will work 30-55 hours per week.
Interns at Cummings, Keegan & Co., P.L.L.P., receive rapid skill development, exposure to a variety of challenging projects, along with mentoring and coaching from firm leaders. We offer a high-performance culture emphasizing excellent client service, continuous improvement, teamwork and self-accountability – all while having fun.
Primary responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of simple income and other tax returns under supervision
- Assist with special accounting or tax projects under supervision
- Scan and organize client financial documents to aid in tax return preparation
- Preparation of preparation of financial statements
- Participating in audits and other attest engagements
- Perform accounting services for privately-held businesses
- Participate in select business development activities
- Assist with special administrative projects under supervision
The ideal candidate will demonstrate these qualifications:
- Plans to sit for CPA exam upon graduation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Team player with a positive approach
- Self-motivated, ability to think independently, work within and meet deadlines
- Inquisitive, eager to learn and develop strong technical skills
- Effectively documents work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other web-based software
- Client-service oriented and seeks to gain knowledge of client businesses
If you’d like to join a growing firm to enhance your accounting and tax knowledge while learning in a fun, flexible firm culture, please submit your resume with cover letter to “Hiring Manager” at email@example.com.