- June 5, 2018
- Posted by: Pauline Gonnering
Do you have multiple years of experience with QuickBooks Desktop and Online and other accounting software?
Are you looking for a consistent workload performing bookkeeping tasks for clients while maintaining a flexible schedule year-round?
Our mid-sized public accounting firm is adding an Experienced Bookkeeper. Candidates with multiple years of experience are encouraged to apply. The position may be located in either the St. Louis Park, MN or Apple Valley, MN office.
Primary responsibilities include payroll processing and reporting, online banking, account reconciliation, sales tax reporting, and journal entries. This role provides consistent services to a variety of clients and requires talent in multi-tasking, organization, workload management, and client communication. Some tax knowledge is desired (or the ability to learn) as this position requires some basic tax preparation responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate these qualifications:
- Multiple years of experience of bookkeeping duties for privately-held businesses
- Extensive experience with payroll processing, payroll tax filings, and sales tax
- Prior experience in a public accounting firm or bookkeeping consulting firm is a plus
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop and Online, as well as other accounting software platforms
- Knowledge of tax return preparation is a plus
- Self-motivated, ability to think independently, work within and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Team player with a positive approach
- Inquisitive, eager to learn and develop strong technical skills
- Effectively documents work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other web-based software
- Client-service oriented and seeks to gain knowledge of client businesses
At Cummings, Keegan & Co., P.L.L.P., our employees receive rapid skill development, exposure to a variety of challenging projects, along with mentoring and coaching from firm leaders. We offer a high-performance culture emphasizing excellent client service, continuous improvement, teamwork and self-accountability – all while having fun. If you’d like to join a growing firm that’s committed to your professional development and offers a fun, flexible firm culture, please email your resume with references to “Hiring Manager” at firstname.lastname@example.org. A competitive compensation and benefits package is available.