- August 3, 2022
- Posted by: Pauline Gonnering
Cummings, Keegan, & Co., P.L.L.P., a mid-sized public accounting firm, is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our firm! The Administrative Assistant position provides exceptional internal and client facing service by executing a combination of common public accounting firm administrative and receptionist duties, including handling confidential correspondence and assembly and distribution of client financial documents, maintaining the front desk and lobby area, welcoming clients and guests, and processing mail. This position also strengthens relationships with our privately-held business clients by handling all general incoming calls and assisting clients through email and in person. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience with professional client or customer service, administrative responsibilities, and data entry. Ideal candidates will also have experience in a public accounting or other professional services firm and demonstrate an interest and/or skills in using and learning various web-based applications and software.
The essential functions of the Administrative Assistant position are performed in a collaborative team environment with ongoing training and performance coaching from colleagues and supervisory staff.
Position responsibilities include:
- Answering all incoming phone calls.
- Ordering office supplies and personnel items.
- Data entry and effective use of firm-specific software.
- Greeting and assisting visitors and staff at the front desk.
- Coordinating meetings and scheduling conference rooms.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail and fax distribution.
- Providing client service in a professional and confidential manner.
- Preparing internal and confidential correspondence and documents.
- Providing assistance with software and equipment troubleshooting as applicable.
- Accurate processing and assistance with time sensitive and confidential materials.
- Maintaining overall office appearance, including lobby, conference rooms, and kitchen.
- Delivering professional internal and client-facing communications via multiple channels.
- Maintaining administrative folders and processing of email inbox and voicemail messages.
- Assisting with general administrative operations, including sorting, scanning, processing, and delivering sensitive documents and confidential client materials as assigned.
- Collaboration within the department to accomplish department objectives.
- Record keeping and tracking of various tasks and workflow items.
- Providing administrative support to firm leadership as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Reliability and time management.
- Professional communication skills.
- Positive and welcoming demeanor.
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Active listening, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently and multitask to achieve deadlines.
- Adaptability and resiliency with fluctuating workload and priorities.
- Ability to execute detailed tasks and follow documented processes.
- Teamwork and ability to contribute to positive working environment.
- Passion for client service with consistent desire to enhance delivery.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn new systems (including cloud based).
Education & Experience
- Minimum two (2) years applicable experience in a professional setting preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, Adobe, and cloud-based software.
- Experience in a public accounting or professional services firm desired.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Overtime will be assigned evenings and Saturdays as necessary, January through mid April (tax deadline). Hours may be adjusted during summer months.
Office located in Minnesota. The onsite setting is a professional office environment with extensive use of standard office equipment and technology including computers, web-based and desktop phones, webcams, headsets, scanners, photocopiers, and software applications and programs.
The essential functions of this position require:
- The ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Intermittent movement to attend meetings and perform other office functions.
- Verbal, written, electronic communication, and accurate information exchange.
- Review of physical and electronic documentation and ability to inspect accuracy.
- Consistent operation of a computer, keyboard, printer, and other office equipment.
At Cummings, Keegan & Co., P.L.L.P., our employees receive rapid skill development, exposure to a variety of fulfilling projects, along with mentoring and coaching from firm staff and leaders. We offer a high-performance culture emphasizing excellent client service, continuous improvement, teamwork, and accountability within a fun and flexible firm culture.
This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the position and may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour