- August 20, 2020
- Posted by: Pauline Gonnering
Are you a Tax Accountant looking for an opportunity to develop into a Tax Manager? Are you looking for a mid-size firm that offers leadership support for your career development, a culture of continuous improvement and work/life balance?
Do you desire to strengthen client relationships, mentor staff, review and prepare complex tax returns – and make an impact on the growth of a mid-sized public accounting firm? Our growth plans created an opportunity for a highly-motivated Senior Tax Accountant. This role will require technical expertise in tax, client service experience, and team development skills. A self-starter, driven personality is required.
Candidates with 4-6 years of public accounting experience are encouraged to apply.
As part of the tax team, the Candidate must have significant experience providing tax compliance and advisory services to privately-held and family-owned/managed businesses. The Senior Tax Accountant is asked to analyze, develop, and implement solutions to meet the client’s tax needs; prepare complex tax returns, formulate tax-planning strategies; review tax returns, and mentor colleagues.
Primary responsibilities include reviewing tax returns, mentoring team members, managing client expectations and leading client services teams, preparing complex tax returns, and quality control functions. The Senior Tax Accountant will also participate in our business development efforts by building relationships with business owners, referral advisors, and community organizations.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate these qualifications:
- 4-6 years of experience in a public accounting firm; tax expertise required
- Active CPA license in good standing
- Experience performing client engagements from beginning to end; organizing and reviewing financial information, entering data and interpreting results of that data; researching tax legislation opportunities
- Strong business acumen; understands the business reasons for decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; experience in a client-facing role that involved regular written and phone communication
- Team player with a positive approach; performing duties as a team member and team leader providing training and mentoring to other team members
- Client-service oriented and seeks to gain knowledge of client businesses; demonstrated experience helping business clients solve accounting and business questions
- Advanced certification in Tax is a plus
At Cummings, Keegan & Co., P.L.L.P. our employees receive rapid skill development, exposure to challenging projects, along with mentoring and coaching from firm leaders. We offer a high-performance culture emphasizing excellent client service, continuous improvement, teamwork and self-accountability – all while having fun. If you wish to contribute to a firm’s growth and desire advancement opportunities in a flexible firm culture, visit cummingskeegan.com/careers to apply. A competitive compensation and benefits package is available.