- March 16, 2016
- Posted by: Pauline Gonnering
- Category: Technology
The data information thieves are working hard every day to cause havoc on business networks. Business owners and their IT professionals can try to prevent these attacks using a combination of network, hardware, and software solutions. A well-trained group of end users is one of the keys to success in preventing a system breach.
Simple steps we can all take to deter data thieves or system hackers:
- Create strong pass-phrases for accounts and change them periodically
- Slow down and be aware of the information we receive electronically, and who actually sent it
- Verify that links in emails, ads, and on other websites are legitimate before clicking on them
- Feel empowered to question a source if you weren’t expecting the information
- Communicate with IT when something looks suspicious.
Reference this document for simple precautionary measures, as well as tips to create – and remember – strong pass-phrases.